more highlights from the grassroots book tour

  • When I got up to read Friday night at the pleasantly packed ICE Gallery in San Diego, it became clear that people in the back would have a hard time hearing me over the fan. Someone turned it off, but then it became clear that it would get really hot really fast. So City Works Press visual artist/impromptu handyman Perry Vasquez got out his power drill and, as I was giving my introduction, unscrewed a board that had been covering the window behind me. Presto—indie air conditioning.
  • When I got back to Hotel Jim and Kelly, the power was out due to construction down the street. As we sat in the candlelit living room, Kelly said, “Oh, and don’t worry about the bees in the walls. They haven’t really stung anyone. It’s just that the honey attracts the rats, so you might here some scurrying during the night. But all the drama pretty much stays inside the walls.”

Comments

Claire said…
dude, I almost did a spit-take all over my keyboard after that second paragraph.

It's quite possible if someone told me that I might commence an O-C search for holes in the wall...
the last noel said…
Bees and rats in the wall? If there was an earthquake at least you'll know there's sugar and protein not too far away.
Cheryl said…
Luckily (though not in the case of an earthquake), I'm a rat lover.

Popular posts from this blog

what would finn do?

soleil for a day

pms of the soul