1. Bright Eyes, “At the Bottom of Everything” and “Road to Joy” especially, but basically every song on I’m Wide Awake, It’s Mo
2. Jane Siberry, “Love is Everything,” because love is everything.
3. Shannon McNally, “Geronimo,” because having your land and life stolen from you is also something.
4. Track ten on this CD by a completely intoxicating Algerian band that Bronwyn bu
5. Falsettoland soundtrack, “Days Like This,” because I am a 50-year-old gay man.
6. Songs from the Capeman soundtrack, “Satin Summer Nights,” because “Broadway flop” = Cheryl’s sure to like it. I also own the Side Show soundtrack.
7. Whatever Kelly Clarkson song comes on the radio, because the girl can sing, okay?
Shout-outs to the folks who’ve clued me in to the cooler choices on my list. Falsettoland was entirely my own discovery.