promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep

I’ve spent a lot of time the past couple of days doing mad edits to Lilac Mines before it heads off to the printer. It’s been a flashback to my undergrad days, when I often asked myself the question, Can I read a whole book in one day? Only then it was usually a result of having spent the previous day watching reruns of 90210.

It’s been stressful, the way I hear book publishing can be (from AK, who reads Poets & Writers Magazine more thoroughly than I do), but I think I’ll be pleased with the result. Right now I’m trying to detox from the nitty-gritty part (yay for yoga!) and get excited for what comes after the nitty-gritty, which is the fun part: readings. Where I get to see all of you!

Here’s the first one, which I’m pleased to announce on the eve of Buy Indie Day:

Where: The Promising Series at Skylight Books, 1818 N. Vermont, L.A. CA 90027
When: Friday, June 5, 7:30 p.m.
Who: Cheryl Klein, Raquel Gutierrez, Orlando Ashley and Scott Turner Schofield; hosted by the fabulous Noel Alumit
Websites: http://www.skylightbooks.com, http://www.cheryl-klein.com

Comments

Claire said…
Awesome. Good luck tomorrow!

I always liked Skylight Books.
Cheryl said…
Hmm, maybe I should have been more clear so that people don't show up at Skylight tonight: I'm ANNOUNCING the reading on Buy Indie Day, but it actually HAPPENS on June 5. Which I am unofficially declaring Buy Cheryl's Book Day. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

what would finn do?

soleil for a day

pms of the soul