This may not be the catchiest theme, but I think I’m going with Slow Food Life. Here’s what I’ve learned from the slow food movement (of which I’m not actually a part, having just consumed a bagel with Trader Joe’s hummus and 7-Eleven coffee), which I think can be extrapolated to the rest of my life:
- Fast and productive are not necessarily better.
- Organic is good.
- Doing it yourself is good.
- Quality is more important than quantity.
- Your neighborhood and your loved ones are wonderful resources.
- Sometimes recipes go wrong and you have to throw out a bunch of tomatoes and start over.
Also, I’ve done an excellent job of procrastinating so far this week, which I’m choosing to view as evidence that I’m making good, intuitive decisions, not over-booking and being irresponsible.
Sorry, towel rack. I’ll put you up soon.