sans angel wings

Okay, you know how I’m always putting up announcements about readings I’m doing in Sacramento, but, like, none of you live in Sacramento?

Well, I know for a fact that some of you live in LA. Hear that? I know where you live.

No, wait, I was going to do something much cuter than make empty threats to promote my readings. If I were like Alanna or Michelle Tea, I’d bake for you. If I were Francesca Lia Block, I’d wear angel wings as I read. If I were anyone at CalArts, I’d incorporate some kind of multi-media, audience-participation element that would make you feel vaguely uncomfortable.

So maybe it’s not such a bad thing that I am just going to be a simple girl reading a simple (yet totally complex!) book. I did buy a new pair of earrings for the occasion. Here are two places you can catch me, The Commuters and the earrings:

Skylight Books
1818 N. Vermont Ave., LA, CA 90027
Thursday, May 25, 7:30 p.m.
http://www.skylightbooks.com/

Rhapsodomancy at Good Luck Bar
1514 Hillhurst Ave., LA, CA 90027
Sunday, June 4, 7 p.m.
http://rhapsodomancy.typepad.com/
(Reading with Eileen Myles, Christopher Russell, and Ariel Robello.)

Comments

If the book is sort of like the earrings, then it ROCKS!!!
Cheryl said…
I don't know if the book is as cool as the earrings. I do know that the book was not made in a sweatshop, and I'm not sure I can say the same of the earrings. Although, actually, I wasn't paid to write it....
Anonymous said…
How exciting! I hope the earring won't be too much of a distraction to the audience.
Cheryl said…
No more so than the light-up Santa hat that I plan to wear.
That's this week! Yay!

Your book looks really BIG in this picture.
Claire said…
Skylight Books is a cool shop. I used to go there often when I lived in LA. Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Knock 'em dead! You look so serious and authorly in that photo - very impressive. Wait - is this the smutty book, or is that your next one?
Cheryl said…
Jamie: Book is enlarged to show texture. Just like cereal.

Claire: Do you know Lucy, the Skylight tail-less cat?

Jenny: I am a Very Serious Writer Of Smut. Actually, the next book is smuttier, although this one does contain a threesome. But it's a quiet, awkward, symbolic threesome, because in reality I am a Very Quiet, Awkward Writer Of Symbolic Stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

what would finn do?

soleil for a day

pms of the soul