87 little miles

That’s how far it is from San Francisco, where two of my eight loyal readers live, to Sacramento, where I’m reading on Thursday, May 11. It’s only 77.6 miles from Berkeley, where another three of the aforementioned eight live.

If quality time on the 80 (oops, sorry, I know you NorCal folks just call it “80”) isn’t enough of an enticement, how about the fact that I’m reading with Michelle Tea, Tara Jepsen, Mark Ewert and Frank Andrick?

Michelle is totally the cool, rebellious girl I always hoped would invite me to, like, spray paint something with her, even though I never would have had the guts to spray paint anything besides my green-and-gold cheerleading ladder. The extra great thing about her is that she writes from the point of view of the small, shy, longing, frustrated girl trapped inside the cool, rebellious girl, so she manages to come across as completely approachable and completely badass at the same time.

Of course all this is based on her literary voice. I’ve never met her, and I grant her the right to be completely unlike her on-page persona. Nevertheless, I am excited and nervous.

Frank Andrick may be the nicest, zaniest man in the North Central Valley. I don’t know Tara and Mark, but they hang out with Frank and Michelle, so I’m sure they’re great too.

So if you’re in the area, or willing to drive to the area, I hope you’ll join us:

Thursday, May 11, 8 p.m.
Michelle Tea, Tara Jepsen, Mark Ewert, Frank Andrick and Cheryl Klein
Luna’s Café

1414 16th St
.
Sacramento
, CA

916-441-3931

I also have a couple of LA dates coming up, and a real live book to plug (it’s at the printer; the ink is drying as we speak), so stay tuned. I warned you from the beginning that this blog would be at least partially self-promotional—it’s not all nice cat posts all the time, folks. Although I am thinking of instituting a “Come to my reading, get a free kitten” policy. Hmm.

Comments

Tracy Lynn said…
Dude, I'd fly out for a free kitten.

Not really. The spirit is willing, but the wallet is weak.
Cheryl said…
It's cool. I'll just ship the kitten to you. UPS okay?
Anonymous said…
When's your Midwest tour? Because I'll reserve front-row seats. Heck, set up a reading in Feb in Portland - you'll have a built-in audience!
Cheryl said…
Ooh, good idea. Powells, anyone?

Popular posts from this blog

what would finn do?

soleil for a day

pms of the soul