Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. bagel slinger
2. gymnastics teacher
3. entertainment journalist or possibly "journalist," as it was the anything-goes dot-com boom
4. arts administrator
Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. Waiting for Guffman
2. Sunset Boulevard
3. The Birdcage*
4. Soul Man*
*Sometimes you don't re-watch movies because they're good, or even because you love them, okay? Sometimes they're just on channel 9 on Saturday afternoons a LOT, or your roommate owns the DVD.
Four places I have lived:
1. West L.A.
2. South L.A.
3. Southwest L.A.
4. Northeast L.A.
Four places I have been:
1. Oaxaca, Mexico
2. Kuching, Malaysia
3. Berlin, Germany
4. pretty much everywhere in California that you can go in a motor home
Four of your favorite foods:
1. bread pudding
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. the gym, because my doctor barred me for two weeks and I'm contrary by nature
2. some posh writer's retreat where they treat you like a goddess
3. the circus
4. I've heard Barcelona is nice.
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
1. my books! (the one coming out and the one I'm working on)
2. being allowed to lift more than 15 pounds
3. Napa for the half-marathon (AK's running, I'm cheering and drinking wine)
4. more travel with AK
Four TV shows that I watch:
1. 30 Rock
2. Big Love, DVD availability permitting
3. Dexter, also on DVD
4. um, YouTube?
Four books I'm reading:
1. Beautiful Children by Charles Bock
2. The Big Tent: The Traveling Circus in Georgia, 1820-1930 by Gregory Renoff
3. Cinnamon Kiss by Walter Mosely
4. Three isn't enough? Since when were Facebook memes so demanding?