Monday, October 16, 2006

augäpfel mit ihrem bier?

Perhaps almost as important and informative as fictional has-been movie stars are the current projects of my real live artist friends:

1) My friend Nicole just co-authored (with Mike Szymanski) The Bisexual’s Guide to the Universe. I haven’t gotten my copy yet, but I did take one of its quizzes on
http://www.guidebi.com/. I learned that based on the foods I like (eggplant, pancakes, curly fries), I am apparently bisexual.

2) My friends-of-AK’s-friends J.P. and Jennifer Jordan Day collaborated on the online Halloween advent calendar-slash-art exhibit Gothtoberfest. I learned how to make pumpkin pizza and say “Do you want eyeballs with your beer?” in German.

5 comments:

Claire said...

I enjoyed the quiz, but I'm also a little suspicious that it has only result. ;)

Cheryl said...

Right? I wanted to find out what I'd be if I preferred apple juice, salmon and Wheat Thins. I suspect...bisexual. I'll have to consult Nicole on the scientific aspects of the quiz. :-)

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

The pictures in that quiz are also misleading (disconcerting?) too...I like broccoli, but not when it's sleeping around with carrots. The whore.

Cheryl said...

You know "mixed vegetables" is just a euphemism for dirty broccoli-on-carrot action, right?

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

Now I do. Ick.