revise revise revise

That’s what David Wong Louie wrote when he signed a copy of his much-rewritten second book for me. I haven’t started revising my novel for real yet, but I am doing some line editing before sending chapter 10 to my writing group. A window into my so-called process:

I took refuge in the aisles of gorgeous fruits and vegetables.

I took refuge in the aisles of luxuriant fruits and vegetables.

I took refuge in the aisles of garish fruits and vegetables.

I took refuge in the aisles of ostentatiously gorgeous fruits and vegetables.

I took refuge in the aisles of fruits and vegetables.

Comments

'garish' stuck a note with me. I vote the maximum amount of adjectives possible. Clearly, I'd be a bad editor.
Cheryl said…
Sara, what a very smart, astute, intelligent, editorly comment.

Popular posts from this blog

what would finn do?

soleil for a day

pms of the soul