a thanksgiving message

Courtesy of J.P., Akbar craft captain and holiday philosopher:

Thank you for the very weird experience of a holiday that suffers from gross historical distortion, but still has the gleanings of a message that endures (the concept of gratitude and celebration of the harvest). Despite all the starvation, disease, nasty catty fights about real-estate, back-stabbing, maize, muskets, hats with buckles, pretty head-dresses, small pox, the Narragansets and the Puritans...we’re essentially thankful for mostly everything.

I guess. Whatever. Turkey.

I would say “tofurky,” but other than that, I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Comments

Claire said…
Yup. Pretty much. I might've gone with "pumpkin pie" since I consider it more essential than turkey, but yeah.
Cheryl said…
People are always like, "Oh, how sad to be a vegetarian on Thanksgiving," and I'm like, "More room for pie."

Popular posts from this blog

what would finn do?

soleil for a day

pms of the soul